Tuesday, May 10, 2011

First post from old blog page



Hello, and welcome to my first official blog on Hoosier Day Trip.  I am glad you are reading this, and I really hope I live up to the goals that I have set up for myself with this blog.  If you have seen my home page, then you know this site is for all Hoosier families, finding and celebrating the hidden treasures, we have in this region.  

Indiana is full of wonderful day trip destinations.  Most of us know (if you grew up in the region) about some of the well-publicized destinations.  If you grew up in the Hoosier state, (and are over the age of 30) you have likely seen the Brady Bunch Kings Island television special. Who hasn’t tried to pick out the locations in Kings Island that were visible on TV?  You probably remember when Holiday World was still Santa Claus Land, right?  Kings Island and Holiday World are two examples of wonderful Hoosier Day Trips my family still enjoy.  I hope to explore both theme parks on future blogs.  But still, I think there are many destinations that are unknown to most. These are the hidden treasures of Indiana that I want to explore the most.

Not all of the topics we cover here are going to be theme park related.  There are plenty of restaurants, wineries, micro-breweries, museums, gardens, historical settlements, bakeries, flea markets, candy stores, specialty shops, theatres, railroads, artist colonies, fairs and festivals (we could go on and on), that could be considered Hoosier Day Trips.  Add to those places, state parks, state recreation areas, and the list grows beyond what you probably ever thought of as a Hoosier Day Trip.  I am really excited about the idea of sharing what I know, and what I hope to learn with my readers. 

I thank you for taking the time to read this.  Very soon, I want to explore the D.N.R. annual pass, which I have yet to purchase this year.  This is a value worthy of an entire blog itself.  

Again, I really appreciate your support with this venture.   Thanks, and maybe we will run into each other on a Hoosier Day Trip
Andrew

No comments:

Post a Comment